September & October 2020 Newsletter
All the staff would like to welcome both our new and returning children and families to our pre-school. We hope you have had a fun and relaxing summer even with all the restrictions that have still be in place, we are ready and prepared for more fun whilst getting to know and make new friends at pre-school.
The first day back will be Monday 7th September.
Each half term we produce a newsletter which will give you a brief outline of the topic and the activities that are on offer for your child; enabling them to learn through play, developing their social and communication skills with other children and adults.
During this half term we will help your child settle in and get accustomed to all the new faces and routines at pre-school. Your child’s key person will work with you, making sure the right individual needs are met to support your child and family. Please raise any concerns or questions with us and we will endeavour to do our best to help. Due to the current restrictions on adults coming onto site, please either phone and speak to your child’s key person or send us an email to email@example.com . We will then get back to you asap.
We are fully aware that sometimes children have accidents, get wet or messy during play and whilst we have spare clothes, however we cannot guarantee to have clothes to fit every child! Therefore, please bring in a named plastic bag (small) with a full change of clothes just in case. We ask that everything is named that you bring into pre-school, including coats, shoes, lunch boxes and bags etc.
Please remember when packing your child’s lunch box (if applicable) that we are a NUT AND CONFECTIONARY FREE ZONE!! Children’s lunch boxes need to include a drinks bottle, ice packs (as we have no refrigeration space for them all) and that all tubs are named!
At pre-school we are a ‘dummy free’ setting... please could you make sure that your child’s dummy is left at home in a safe place. It is important for their social and language development that they do not have one in the setting.
We would also like to ask if you could not bring in any toys and other items from home, this is due to the Covid-19 restrictions we are all under at this time.
Finally, we are looking forward to embracing all new children and parents to the family of Little Dolphins on their new exciting journey with us and for those returning to continue to support and encourage them to achieve their best!
Social media – we now have an Instagram and Twitter as well as Facebook accounts, please find us on these platforms for the latest information regarding the setting. On Facebook – We have a closed group page called ‘Parents of Little Dolphins’ where we upload the newsletters, special activities, tips and committee news – please add us to see all the latest news.
Tapestry – within the next few weeks you will be receiving an activation email from Tapestry, please follow the instructions to set up your account so that you can see all the wonderful observations that show what your children are doing at pre-school.
What we are planning on exploring this half term:
Topic: All about me / Nursery rhymes.
Week 1: 7th – 11th – Settling in and making new friends.
- Exploring our pre-school and getting used to the environment.
- Meeting our new friends.
- A selection of free choice activities.
- Introducing the children to our good hygiene measures – including catch it, bin it & kill it.
- Learning about pre-school’s ‘golden rules’.
Week 2: 14th – 18th September – All about me.
- Taking photographs to create our name cards (for self-registration).
- Self-portrait using a range of different materials.
- Discovering our interests, favourite toys and characters.
- Stories about starting pre-school.
Week 3: 21st – 25th September – Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
- Introducing ‘Wow’ home and away stars.
- Fine motor star sticker craft.
- Exploring light and dark with the lightbox and other resources.
- Space scene small world play.
- Stories about stars.
Week 4: 28th September – 2nd October – Baa Baa Black Sheep.
- Sound bingo – animal version.
- Sheep collage.
- Farm small world play.
- Stories about animals.
Week 6: 5th – 9th October – Incy Wincy Spider.
- Talking about the weather.
- Spider beads.
- Glitter spider webs.
- Create bug area in the garden.
- Stories about spiders.
Week 7: 12th – 16th October – The Grand Old Duke of York.
- Movement focus in the garden (marching fast, slow, up and down etc.)
- Up and down assault course.
- Knights and castle small world play
- Building towers with the large bricks.
- Stories about movement.
Week 8: 19th – 23rd October – Hey Diddle Diddle!
- Introducing the story building resources (finger puppets, story stones and story props).
- Exploring the musical instruments.
- Making musical instruments with a variety of different materials (recycled and natural resources).
- Stories with rhymes.
October half term: Monday 26th – Friday 30th October
We hope you have a great fun filled half term.
First day back: Monday 2nd November.